This is a listing for a physical pattern.
Painting Honeycombs Shawl - Small Honeycombs by Westknits | This triangular shawl begins at the small corner and increases to the wide edge with the bold honeycomb pattern. The blue sample with color pops features our West Wool Bicycle yarn as the main color with five shades of Glowhair held double for extra fluffy honeycombs. You can easily customize the shawl by knitting more pattern repeats and you can knit it in any yarn weight! The pattern is easy to follow and suitable for adventurous beginners because you only work with one color at a time. Enjoy the colorful rows and feel free to add as many color pops as you want!
Gauge: 22 sts & 38 rows = 4” / 10cm in honeycomb pattern after blocking
Finished Measurements: 90” / 229cm wingspan length, 42” / 107cm along center point, after blocking (*Note: The length and overall size of the shawl is customizable by knitting fewer pattern repeats or by continuing the pattern as long as you want.)
- Fingering Weight; MC - 650yds / 594m using 1 strand of yarn; CC - 725yds / 663m total using 1 strand of yarn
- The Blue + Mohair Pops sample used mohair held double stranded for the CC’s, so the total CC requirement of mohair held double is 1450yds / 1326m. The sample features 5 CC’s, so 290yds / 265m of mohair was used.
- Shown in: Blue + Mohair Pops Sample - Fingering Weight
- MC - Prince (blue); West Wool Bicycle (90% Falkland Merino, 10% Texel; 390yds / 357m per 100g skein)
- CC’s - Glow, Aquamarine, Roswitha, Beatrix, Norway; West Wool Glowhair (72% Mohair, 28% Silk; 437yds / 400m per 50g skein)
Needle Size: US 5 / 3.75mm in 40” / 100cm length or size needed to obtain gauge
Pattern Includes: Written Instructions
Skill Level: Intermediate