"Time Trades was inspired by a favorite song of mine by songwriter Jeffrey Lewis- the lyrics are about using your time to build on a skill that you can get better and wiser at which knitting is perfectly suited to! This elegant wrap requires a mini gradient set of 5 colors and 2 full size skeins of complementing speckled, variegated or solid yarns. Starting with the darkest color of your gradient, you will gradually fade into the speckled yarns, alternating lace and garter rows for a relaxing but never boring knit."
Gauge: 17 sts and 32 rows over 4" in stockinette. Note that gauge is not critically important for this design, but your finished dimensions/yarn usage will vary if your gauge differs from that stated.
Materials Used: Approximately 980-1130 yards/896-1033m of fingering weight yarn in 7 colors. You will need a gradient set of 5 mini skeins (92-110 yards/84-100m) and 2 complementing main body colors, 200-230 yards/183-210m of Main Color 1 (MC1), the darker MC, and 320-350 yards/293-320m of Main Color 2 (MC2), the lighter MC
- Main Color 1 (MC1): “Coneflower” (dark pink/brown variegated) The Farmer’s Daughter Fibers Rocky Mountain Purls (80% superwash merino/ 20% nylon)
- Main Color 2 (MC2): “Hermione” (light pink speckle) Primrose Yarn Co. Adelaide (100% superwash merino singles)
Gradient mini set from Cedar House Yarns, Sapling Sock Sprouts (75% superwash merino/25% nylon). Colors are ordered from darkest to lightest:
- Color 1 (C1): “Ink” (black)
- Color 2 (C2): “Smoked Porter” (dark brown)
- Color 3 (C3): “Bark” (medium brown)
- Color 4 (C4): “Cervidae” (light brown)
- Color 5 (C5): “Magic Hour” (pale pink)
Needle Size: US 6 (4 mm) needles, or size needed to obtain gauge